HELP WANTED :
Town of Berne Animal Control Officer
Interested Persons should contact Town Clerk with Resume Via Email at
firstname.lastname@example.org, P.O Box 57 Berne NY 12023 or by Dropping off at Town Hall
The Town of Berne Animal Control Officer is responsible for the enforcement of
the regulations of Article 7 of the New York State Agriculture and Markets Laws. A list of duties include:
- Enforce Licensing
- Seize and impound dogs
- File and maintain records of the seizure and disposition of dogs
- Bring an action against any person who has committed any violation of Article 7 within the Town of Berne
- Receive complaints of dangerous dogs and commence dangerous dog proceedings
- Responsible to investigate, impound, care for and dispose of animals in accordance with State and County, & Town laws and regulations.
- Investigates animal bites and quarantines dogs; transports sick or injured dogs to the animal shelter/kennel.
- Works with area clinics to try to adopt out stray dogs that have not been claimed when they have been impounded as a stray and no owner is located.
- Investigates complaints of wild animals and takes appropriate action.
Dog Licensing is handled by The Town Clerk’s Office
and more information can be found here :
- Town of Berne Licensing Information
- Local Law 2-2022 Animal Control Officer
- NYS Ags & Markets Specifications and Requirements