Please take notice that the Town of Berne Planning Board will hold a Public Hearing pursuant to article 276 of the Town Law, on the minor subdivision of the land(s) owned by Melanie & Jeff Teats located at 1579 Thatcher Park Road, in the Town of Berne (Parcel ID #80.-2-18).
A parcel consisting of approximately 39 acres will be subdivided as follows: Lot 1 – 5 acres and Lot 2 – 34 acres, creating one (1) new lot.
Said hearing will be held on Thursday, September 30, 2021 at the Berne Community and Senior Center, 1360 Helderberg Trail, Berne, NY 12023 at 7:00 pm
The next Planning Board meeting is scheduled for Thursday, September 30, 2021, 7PM @ the Town of Berne Community and Senior Center, 1360 Helderberg Trail, Berne, NY, 12023.
Planning Board Members:
Joe Martin, Chair
Secretary: Cheryl Rudolph (email@example.com)
Planning Board Meetings:
1st Thursday ∗ of the month at 7:00 PM
(∗As needed a second Planning Board meeting may also be held on the 3rd Thursday of the month at 7:00 PM)
All new applications coming before the Planning Board need to be complete and submitted to the Building & Zoning Dept. at: firstname.lastname@example.org; telephone: 518-872-1448 ext. 106 no less than two weeks prior to the next scheduled board meeting.
FORMS FOR APPLYING TO SUBDIVIDE
- Minor Subdivision Sketch Plan Application
- Minor Subdivision Application Final Plat
- Short Environmental Assessment Form
TOWN OF BERNE PLANNING BOARD MINOR SUBDIVISION APPLICATION PROCEDURES
Once the decision is made to subdivide a parcel of land, the suggested first step in the process, especially for those who have not retained a professional land surveyor or attorney (or prior to hiring a professional…), is to investigate the current zoning requirements of the subject parcel with the Building and Zoning Office.
- The Building Inspector will be able to explain the current zoning of the parcel as well as the required minimum lot size, frontage and setback requirements in the zoning district. This will provide some initial idea as to whether the subdivision is reasonable.
- If necessary, the Building Inspector may direct an applicant to the Planning Board at this early stage to provide further guidance to the applicant in an attempt to avoid spending money unnecessarily.
- If a proposed subdivision is thought to be acceptable, the applicant will be directed to have prepared and submit a Minor Subdivision Sketch Plan Application (see above) and Short Environmental Assessment Form (see above).
- Minor Subdivision Final Plat Application Receipt and Review Process. Click the link below to view.
- Process for Minor SD Sketch Plan App
- Procedure for Landowner after Final Subdivision Plat Approval. Click the link below to view.
- Procedure after Final Plat for Landowner
FORMS FOR APPLYING FOR APPLICATION FOR SPECIAL USE PERMIT FOR HOME OCCUPATIONS – TBA
Site Visit Consent Form – TBA
Application for Special Use Permit for Home Occupations – TBA