In response to the COVID-19 pandemic all meetings have been suspended through June 13, 2020.
*Archives of the Planning Board minutes are available (online) – please refer to the Town Code.
Planning Board Members:
Mathew Harris, Liaison
Secretary: Cathy Shultes (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Planning Board Meetings:
1st Thursday ∗ of the month at 7:00 PM
(∗As needed a second Planning Board meeting may also be held on the 3rd Thursday of the month at 7:00 PM)
All new applications coming before the Planning Board need to be complete and submitted to the Building & Zoning Dept. at: email@example.com; telephone: 518-872-1448 ext. 106 no less than two weeks prior to the next scheduled board meeting.
- Historic Dist_ App for Approval of Plans
- Lot Line Adjustment Fee sheet
- APPLICATION FOR APPROVAL IN TN/MU1 OR TN/MU2 DISTRICT
- Site Visit Consent Form
FORMS FOR APPLYING TO SUBDIVIDE
TOWN OF BERNE PLANNING BOARD MINOR SUBDIVISION APPLICATION PROCEDURES
Once the decision is made to subdivide a parcel of land, the suggested first step in the process, especially for those who have not retained a professional land surveyor or attorney (or prior to hiring a professional…), is to investigate the current zoning requirements of the subject parcel with the Building and Zoning Office.
- The Building Inspector will be able to explain the current zoning of the parcel as well as the required minimum lot size, frontage and setback requirements in the zoning district. This will provide some initial idea as to whether the subdivision is reasonable.
- If necessary, the Building Inspector may direct an applicant to the Planning Board at this early stage to provide further guidance to the applicant in an attempt to avoid spending money unnecessarily.
- If a proposed subdivision is thought to be acceptable, the applicant will be directed to have prepared and submit a Minor Subdivision Sketch Plan Application (see above) and Short Environmental Assessment Form (see above).