To: Residents of the Town of Berne, Town Board, Planning & Zoning Boards, Library
Re: Town Information COVID-19
Under guidance promulgated by the Governor’s Office in related to restrictions on gatherings and in response to the COVID-19 cases in Albany County and in our Hilltowns, ALL MEETINGS of the Town of Berne will be closed to the public and will be made accessible via Zoom, recordings and via FM broadcast in Community Center parking lot, residents must stay in vehicle and tune their FM radio to 89.3. Furthermore, no Town Buildings including Library shall hold more than ten persons/patrons at one time.
The next Planning Board meeting is scheduled for Thursday, March 4, 2021, 7PM @ the Town of Berne Community and Senior Center, 1360 Helderberg Trail, Berne, NY, 12023.
Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/98094395534?pwd=Q3JmUnlmYXRyMkVzSUpzTHFJMGV3Zz09
Meeting ID: 980 9439 5534
One tap mobile: +19294362866,,98094395534#,,,,*390349# US (New York)
Dial by your location:
+1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Meeting ID: 980 9439 5534
*Archives of the Planning Board minutes are available (online) – please refer to the Town Code.
Planning Board Members:
Joe Martin, Chair
Patrick Safford (Alternate)
Carl Trichilo (Alternate)
Secretary: Cathy Shultes (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Planning Board Meetings:
1st Thursday ∗ of the month at 7:00 PM
(∗As needed a second Planning Board meeting may also be held on the 3rd Thursday of the month at 7:00 PM)
All new applications coming before the Planning Board need to be complete and submitted to the Building & Zoning Dept. at: email@example.com; telephone: 518-872-1448 ext. 106 no less than two weeks prior to the next scheduled board meeting.
FORMS FOR APPLYING TO SUBDIVIDE
- Minor Subdivision Sketch Plan Application
- Minor Subdivision Application Final Plat
- Short Environmental Assessment Form
TOWN OF BERNE PLANNING BOARD MINOR SUBDIVISION APPLICATION PROCEDURES
Once the decision is made to subdivide a parcel of land, the suggested first step in the process, especially for those who have not retained a professional land surveyor or attorney (or prior to hiring a professional…), is to investigate the current zoning requirements of the subject parcel with the Building and Zoning Office.
- The Building Inspector will be able to explain the current zoning of the parcel as well as the required minimum lot size, frontage and setback requirements in the zoning district. This will provide some initial idea as to whether the subdivision is reasonable.
- If necessary, the Building Inspector may direct an applicant to the Planning Board at this early stage to provide further guidance to the applicant in an attempt to avoid spending money unnecessarily.
- If a proposed subdivision is thought to be acceptable, the applicant will be directed to have prepared and submit a Minor Subdivision Sketch Plan Application (see above) and Short Environmental Assessment Form (see above).
FORMS FOR APPLYING FOR APPLICATION FOR SPECIAL USE PERMIT FOR HOME OCCUPATIONS – TBA
Site Visit Consent Form – TBA
Application for Special Use Permit for Home Occupations – TBA