- COVID-19 Info
- Town Clerk
- Boards & Depts.
- Officials & Hours
- Helderberg Ambulance
- Comprehensive Plan
- Conservation Board
- Switzkill Farm
- Highway Department
- Office of the Assessors
- Planning Board
- Sewer District
- Town Board
- Town Justice
- Zoning Board
- Tax Collector
- Youth Council
- Transfer Station
- Building Code Administration
Welcome to the Town of Berne!
Please visit often for updates...
TOWN BOARD MEETING:
The next scheduled Town Board Meeting
will be held on June 10, 2020 at 7:00PM
May 15, 2020
To: Residents of the Town of Berne
Re: Town information COVID-19
The Town of Berne will continue to follow the Governor’s PAUSE order and begin returning to “normal” as allowed.
We will update return to work procedures as they develop.
If you need masks, hand sanitizer or any other assistance please contact the Supervisor at email@example.com
The Albany County Sheriffs Office is available for assistance also.
Stay safe and Be Well
In continuing response to the COVID-19 pandemic and the National State of Emergency declared by President Trump, the Town of Berne will be taking the following precautions.
The Town is working closely with the Albany County Sherriff’s Office Emergency Operations Center, the Berne Fire District and the Helderberg Ambulance Squad to stay informed and prepared should more action be needed during the pandemic.
Between March 18 and June 13, 2020
- Town Hall will be closed
a. Please call Town Clerk at 518-560-0188 for assistance.
b. The Building Code Administration will be available by phone. Contact Chance Townsend at 838-839-8251 or James Bushnell at 518-225-3721.
c. All employees will be instructed to work from home as applicable .
- The Community and Senior Services Center and Access Hilltowns will be closed.
- The Berne Public Library is closed.
- All scheduled Town meetings will be video conferenced per the state guidelines.
- Town Court Proceedings will be suspended.
- The Transfer Station will remain open with regular operating hours.
These measures will be evaluated near the end of the period and will be extended or removed as necessary
- NOVEL Coronavirus Hotline: 1-800-364-3065
- Center for Disease Control, Updates on Coronavirus –
- NYS Department of Health
- Albany County Department of Health
Sean S. Lyons, Town Supervisor
Director of Emergency Management