- Email & Phone List
- Town Clerk
- Boards & Depts.
- Officials & Hours
- Helderberg Ambulance
- Comprehensive Plan
- Conservation Board
- Switzkill Farm
- Highway Department
- Office of the Assessors
- Planning Board
- Sewer District
- Town Board
- Town Justice
- Zoning Board
- Tax Collector
- Youth Council
- Transfer Station
- Building Code Admin.
Welcome to the Town of Berne!
Please visit often for updates...
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that due to the rising cases of Covid-19, the Town Clerk and
the Building & Zoning Department will operate on appointment only. Please do not
come to the Town Hall without first contacting the Town Clerk or the Building Department.
Town Clerk contact information – email@example.com; 518-872-1448 ext . 101;
cell phone – 518-560-0188.
Please refer to Building & Zoning page for all contact information.
Thank you. Please stay safe.
TOWN BOARD MEETING:
Next weeting will be held on 12/9/20
Guidelines for meeting:
Maintain social distancing of 6 feet. Chairs will be set up for this.
Masks must be worn whenever 6 feet cannot be maintained.
November 17, 2020
TO: Residents of the Town of Berne
Planning & Zoning Boards
RE: Town Information COVID-19
Under guidance promulgated by the Governor’s Office in related to restrictions on gatherings and in response to the increase of COVID-19 cases in Albany County and in our Hilltowns, ALL MEETINGS of the Town of Berne will be closed to the public and will be made accessible via Zoom, recordings and via FM broadcast (In Community Center parking lot, residents must stay in vehicle and station ID will be announced). Furthermore, no Town Buildings including Library shall hold more than ten persons/patrons at one time.
This shall be in effect for through December 19, 2020.
The following guidelines are also in effect,
- The Town Clerk’s office will be available by appointment only.
- The Building Code Administration will be available by appointment only
- All employees will continue to be instructed to work from home as applicable and only come to Town Hall for minimal services and appointments
- Town of Berne website www.berneny.org
- NOVEL Coronavirus Hotline: 1-800-364-3065
- Center for Disease Control, Updates on Coronavirus – https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- NYS Department of Health
- Albany County Department of Health
Thank You and Please, Stay safe and healthy.
Sean S Lyons, Town Supervisor
Director Of Emergency Management